Monitoring of Function at Photovoltaic Systems, Detection of Failure at Inverters, 8 inputs
The SolarYes monitors outputs of inverters in PV-systems. Its output-relays (2 potential-free contacts) switch, when there has been no current during the last 24 hours in one of up to 8 monitored lines. Thus the failure of an inverter or a fuse is detected and reported. The operator can initiate repair immediately and saves downtime.
The SolarYes is a simple, easily understandable and economical solution, that protects PV-systemsfrom downtimes.
The device is mounted in a switch cabinet or a distribution box. The current is measured contactless with simple and solid current transformers, that are mounted over the line at any position, e.g. near the fuses. A subsequent installation in an existent system is possible. Over the course of 24 hours occurring minimal currents (at night there can be wattles currents, caused by interference suppression capacitors in the inverter) are automatically measured and faded out in the evaluation.
The minimum response limit of 0,3 A allows measuring of low current-levels. The limit can de reduced by leading the monitored line multiple times through the transformer (Ø 11 mm). In case of false alarms, e.g. with snow on the solar modules, the monitoring interval can be extended to up to 8 days or the alarm can be suppressed with a switch.
The 2 output-relays can switch alarm-lamps or electroacoustic transducers. The connection of an alarm system or another monitoring unit also is possible.
- 8 inputs for current transformers STWA1 or STWA1H (max. 100 A)
- Not connected inputs disconnectible
- Sensitivity adjustable AC 0,3…2,4 A (lower values by leading the monitored line multiple times through the transformer)
- Autocalibration of inputs
Displays and Controls
- 8 LEDs for inputs
- 8 LEDs for alarms
- 4 LEDs for display of state and programming
- 2 LEDs for relays
- 1 LED enable-input
- 3 pushbuttons
- 2 change-over contacts, nc and no individually programmable
- Autocalibration for easy startup
- Power-saving (Eco-Mode), disconnectible
- Power consumption <0,5 W, <1,2 VA
- Universal supply-voltage AC/DC 24-240 V
- Housing for DIN-rail mount, 70 mm, mounting height 55 mm
Technical Data SolarYes
Rated Supply Voltage
AC/DC 24-240 V, 0/45...65 Hz
DC: 20,4...297 V, AC: 20,4...264 V
0,5 W, < 1,2 VA
2 Change-over contact (CO)
type 2, see general technical hints
1-8 Current transformers STWA 1 or STWA 1 H
Sensitivity adjustable AC 0,3 - 2,4 A ± 30%
max. 100 A continously, 300 A / 10 s
Monitoring interval adjustable 1-8 days
see general technical hints
Rated ambient temperature range
Dimensions (w x h x d)
70 x 90 x 58 mm, mounting height 55 mm
IP 30 / IP 20
DIN-rail 35 mm or screw-mount M4
approx. 180 g